Feeling sluggish and exhausted more than you would like?
Has fatigue become your middle name?
Do you feel overworked with very little time to yourself?
Today we live in a society that refuses to switch off, therefore the pressure to be on the ball and working at our best all of the time is huge. Unfortunately this is leaving us feeling exhausted and overwhelmed, with very little down time to nourish our bodies and mind; therefore it can be easy to find ourselves in a fatigue cycle and not knowing how to break out of it.
Positively there are some simple steps we can take each day to help us feel more nourished and energised within our busy lives and I’m not talking eating the right food here. Although nutrition plays a huge role in our health and wellbeing, in this blog I’ve decided to look beyond food. Why? Well if we are not careful we can find ourselves focusing too much on food and diet, resulting in us forgetting about all the other ways we can find nourishment.
So what does it mean to nourish yourself without food? Well below I share some steps that you can take each day to help you feel more nourished from within:
- Seek out and nurture relationships with friends and family that make you feel great, support you and are there for you when you need them. Say goodbye to people that drain your energy.
- Why not pop your headphones in and put on your favourite tune. It can be very soothing (of course depending on what you are listening too and what music relaxes you)
- Remember that your environment has a huge impact on your mood and energy, your work environment having a key role in this. So if you are stuck in an office all day staring at a wall, get yourself outside at least once a day for some fresh air. It can do wonders in clearing a stuffy head.
- Join a club or start up a new hobby. You know how the saying goes “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”, well this can be true and can be incredibly draining on both your physical and mental health. Starting something new away from work can give you a different focus, proving you with a space to switch off from your everyday work commitments.
- Getting a good night sleep – There is no way around it—there is nothing quite like sleep to rejuvenate your body and restore your entire body and mind allowing you to wake up refreshed ready to hit your day.
- Movement sparks your endorphins, which make you feel energized and excited and keeps the oxygen circulating through your system, so you can feel refreshed and alive.
Even committing to one will be a step in the right direction to stepping outside of a fatigue cycle, that’s leaving you feeling exhausted and in need of some nourishment. Which one will you take?